Slow cooker homemade yogurt

first batch of yogurt in a repurposed mayonnaise jar
Oh dear!  I wouldn't call it a complete fail, but it will teach me to be a little less slap-dash when embarking on unknown territory.  Yesterday's homemade yogurt didn't quite to plan.  I've read about much worse results (the inedible kind that need to be thrown away), but it's very watery.  Almost too thin even be called yogurt.  It tastes okay - could be more tangy, I think, which leads me to believe that it didn't culture long enough before I put it in the fridge.  I need to pick another carton of value UHT milk and then I will try again, following a recipe to the letter!  And I also forgot to weigh it, but the jar previously held 600g of mayonnaise to give me some indication.

I did have some on my cereal this morning (a very thrifty free box from a recent All Bran competition!) with defrosted red berries.  Yummy!  I think it may be best used up in cooking, so maybe I will adjust the meal plan to include a veggie korma this evening.

I will be more than happy to post a recipe once I've perfected it a bit.

Comments

Popular Posts