Here it begins!

I was hit with a brainwave this morning while taking my little boy to the childminder's - start a blog! I've been looking for a way to collate my thoughts, ideas, records and recipes on being frugal and my style of frugal living, I don't know why I haven't thought of it before. So here it is - a thrifty blog for the modern mum/mom. I think the modern part is as important as the thrifty, because while many frugal living ideas are from the past, it's important to embrace that we are living in the modern age and there are frugal things that come from it.

So this is the place - ideas, inspirations, and most importantly for myself, accountability. My frustration with other frugal living blogs is they simply aren't detailed enough for me. I want breakdowns, shopping lists, meal plans and detailed budgets. Yes, posts with products & recipes are extremely useful as well, but I think the nitty-gritty are what really help those who are thirsty to learn more about living cheaply. I hope I can do that where I see a gap in other blogs. I also want to use this as a place to be accountable in my own habits - I think we'll be less inclined to have a sneaky trip to McDonald's if the whole blogosphere knows about it!

I will flesh this out a lot more later, as I've just started work (oops), but a super-quick bio to help set the scene: I'm originally from Texas, but I've been living in the UK for more than 5 years. I'm 27, married for 3 years to G, with a 21.5-month old son (Finn - born Christmas Day 2009!). We currently live in Sussex and both work full-time and live in a rented 2 bedroom flat with a garden. G has just started a second job to finally start putting away money for a house deposit.

Comments

Popular Posts