honesty is the best monetary policy

In the interest of keeping honest, here are this weekend’s grocery top-ups.  I should explain that when G went to Tesco to do our big monthly shop, they were unfortunately out of stock of quite a number of things.  So the big shop’s spend was lower than normal and I have been slowly acquiring those usual things during our weekly shops instead (making those totals slightly higher).

Aldi: £4.68 (drain unblocker, butternut squash, sneaky bar of chocolate, milk)
Sainsburys: £14.98 (cream cheese for bagels, 2 x pasta, eggs, 3 x baked beans, cereal, self-raising flour, pickles, eggs, toilet paper, laundry detergent, 2 bars of chocolate for baking, apples, oranges, bananas)

I wasn’t going to pay £1.02 for white bread flour (and I had forgotten to look in Aldi), so I can get some next week, as I have just enough left for 1 more batch of bread.

We then had a lovely Starbucks break (it’s inside our local Sainsbury’s) paid for with Pinecone luncheon vouchers, yumyum.

Comments

Popular Posts