supermarket spots

Ultra-frugal supermarket spots:
  • BOGOF cheddar at Sainsburys: best is 2 x 500g for £4.50.  Extra mature, tastes very posh.
  • Lidl cheddar: 400g "Vintage Reserve" pack down to £1.44!!
  • Aldi: 1kg bananas for 52p!
I won't post offers all the time, only really fantastic don't-miss ones if I spot them.


I'm not sure I should be the one talking to you about being "thrifty" right now - maybe how to be thrifty and lazy?  Haven't been motivated to much of anything today, much less my usual long list of frugal tasks for the weekend.  I did make little cakes for the week, but nothing else.  Dinner was homemade gnocchi, which is fairly lazy and ultra-frugal, so I'm not being too hard on myself.  And I did do some more winter-proofing tasks around the house.

But I think it's important to admit to ourselves that it's okay to take it slow sometimes - we can't all be perfect homemaker 100% of the time - so it's good to have a 'trick bag' of sorts - things you can fall back on when you're feeling tired.  If you've got room in your freezer, homemade frozen meals are perfect for this.  Delicious frugal food in minutes!  All you had to do was freeze your leftovers from times you made too much.  Or if you're making a more involved meal, double it and freeze the other half for your lazy day.


Burn out is more costly than the occasional lazy day/weekend.  Burn out usually involves a really expensive meal out or at least a takeaway (UNPLANNED, I might stress, nothing wrong with a schedule takeaway that you've budgeted for).  Whereas a lazy day might just involve an easy dinner and delaying bread-making for a day.  So don't be afraid to take a day off sometimes, which is far better than crashing and burning.

Comments

Popular Posts